• These terms and conditions govern your viewing and use of this website which is owned and operated by Marion Pettet.
• Marion Pettet makes this Website available to you to provide information about its activities and the services it offers.
• These Terms only apply to your viewing of this Website. If you use one of the links on this Website to visit another site, then please note that your viewing of these websites and any purchases made through them will be subject to separate terms and conditions.
• Please read these Terms carefully. If you access the Website she will assume that you agree to the Terms. If you do not agree with these Terms, do not access or use the Website.
• She has included on this website links to websites of a number of third-parties. No recommendation of goods or services supplied by these outside bodies is made or implied.
• Although she has made every effort to ensure that the information contained on this Website will be relevant and useful, she cannot make any commitment that it will meet your particular requirements.
• Although she makes every effort to ensure that the Website is available at all times, there will be occasions on which the ISP providing hosting needs to carry out maintenance. We do not therefore guarantee that it will always be available, or that it will always perform at a particular speed or with particular functionality. She reserves the right to withdraw the Website if necessary.
• To the maximum extent permitted by law, all representations, warranties, terms, conditions and commitments not expressly set out in these Terms are hereby excluded.
• Except in the case of personal injury caused by our negligence, or fraud, she does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage that you suffer as a result of using the Website. In particular, she does not accept responsibility for (a) any loss of profits, loss of earnings, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goodwill or loss of revenue; (b) any loss or corruption of data; or (c) any indirect or consequential loss. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
• Your obligations when using the Website:
You may only view and use this Website in accordance with these Terms and, in any event, for lawful and proper purposes which includes complying with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice within the UK or other jurisdiction from which you are accessing this Website.
In particular, you agree that you will not:
• Post, transmit or disseminate any information on or via this Website which is or may be harmful, obscene, defamatory or otherwise illegal.
• Use this Website in a manner which causes or may cause an infringement of her rights or the rights of any other.
• Use any software, routine or device to interfere or attempt to interfere electronically or manually with the operation or functionality of this Website including but not limited to uploading or making available files containing corrupt data or viruses via whatever means.
• Deface, alter or interfere with the front end ‘look and feel’ of this Website.
• Without our prior written permission, you may not copy, reproduce, modify, alter, publish, broadcast, distribute, display, post, sell, transfer or transmit in any form or by any means any material on this Website whether in whole or in part nor use the material to create derivative works.
The contents of individual pages of this Website may be printed or downloaded to disk for the purpose of private and personal non-commercial use.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to make improvements or changes to any part of the Website, including to these Terms. We therefore recommend that you re-visit this page from time to time.
Data Protection and Privacy
Any personal information you supply to us when you use this Website will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement.
These Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England.
Please note that we currently do not have e-commerce facilities on this site. This policy will be updated if and when this capability is added.
We are extremely concerned to protect your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all users of our site are quite rightly concerned to know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not fall into the hands of a third party. This policy is both specific and strict. If you think this policy falls short of your expectations or that it is failing to abide by this policy, do please tell me.
Information may be unlawfully available to hackers and snoopers. She takes no responsibility for this. The risk is no different from a similar risk in a bricks and mortar establishment. Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected at this site. If this policy should change in the future (highly unlikely), then she shall provide notification in advance, and the opportunity for all users to indicate whether or not they would prefer that she does not provide the information to third parties as proposed.
She does not market to children. She might collect data on children over 8 years of age who may join to use any members’ area that might possibly be constructed in the future. Such child members will inevitably visit other parts of the site and will be subject to whatever on site marketing they find, wherever they visit.Here is a list of the information collected, and why it is necessary to collect it:
1 Basic identification and contact information, such as your name and contact details.This information is used:
1.1 to provide you with the services which you request;
1.2 to enable us to answer your enquiries;
1.3 for marketing services and products;
1.4 to help make this web site as useful to you as possible;
1.5 information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
2 Your domain name and e mail address are recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded. This information is used:
2.1 in a collective way not referable to any particular individual, for the purpose of quality control and improvement of our site;
2.2 to send you news about the services to which you have signed up;
2.3 to tell you about other of our services.
3 Your personal profile is available to be seen by members throughout the world. This information is not used for marketing purposes of any sort. Information, which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service. Some of this information is classified as sensitive information by the UK Data Protection Act 1998. We make the assumption that in giving this information to us, you consent to our holding it for the duration of your membership.
4 Information volunteered by you for a particular purpose, for example a personal profile, survey, job application form, or contest. This information will be used exclusively for the purpose for which you have provided it. Information is disclosed to third parties only where the third party concerned qualifies in whatever way the web site page requires. We will make absolutely clear on the face of the page, any intention to publicise the name of a winner.
5 Affiliate information
This is information given to us in the course of your business and ours as you have applied to join our affiliate scheme. Such information is retained for business use only. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. This information is used:
5.1 to maintain our accounts and affiliate records;
5.2 for billing;
5.3 to enable us to answer your enquiries;
5.4 for verifying your identity for security purposes;
5.5 to send you news about the services to which you have signed up;
5.6 to tell you about other of our services.
6 Business information
This is information given to us in the course of your business and ours such as in relation to your application to partner with us or advertise with us. Such information is retained for business use only. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect you and any partner to reciprocate this policy.
7 Disclosure to Government
and their agencies. We are subject to the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorization such as a search warrant or court order.
8 Information request
At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us at the address below. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information. This confidentiality policy has been compiled so as to comply with current UK, US and EU legislation, so far as we are aware. If you have any question regarding the confidentiality policy, please contact us via the contact form